We offer a wide range of investigative training courses that you can take entirely over the internet. Our online courses are affordable, fun, fast, convenient, and geared just for you. Complete your continuing education courses at your own pace, anytime, from anywhere.
Continuing Education Rules & Regulations for Minnesota Private Investigators
PI Education offers online continuing education courses for Minnesota private investigators. We are an approved training provider with the State of Minnesota Board of Private Detective and Protective Services. You may verify our course approvals by clicking this link: Approved Training Providers.
FAQ’S Regarding Continuing Education for Minnesota Private Investigators
- Minnesota Private Investigators must complete a minimum of six (6) hours of continuing education training from an approved provider annually to maintain their license. Every employee, as well as license holders, qualified representatives, Minnesota managers, or partners, shall complete six hours of training in board-certified continuing training programs annually.
- This means when you renew your license (every two years) you will need a total of 12 hours continuing education. YOU CAN NOT TAKE ALL TWELVE HOURS IN THE SAME YEAR. You must take the 6 hours annually).
- In addition, armed license holders and employees must complete an additional six hours of training in the weapons used in the course of their employment. At the time of license renewal, license holders shall submit to the board an affidavit listing all employees and attesting to the fact that they have met all training requirements. A private detective or protective agent license must not be renewed without written proof that all employees have met all training requirements.
- At the conclusion of each certified training course, each student who has successfully completed training must be provided by the presenting instructor or person administering the course with evidence of completion, showing the subject area covered by each course completed and the number of hours completed.
- The Minnesota continuing education requirements for private investigators can be found in the Minnesota Administrative Rules .