We’re making CE easier than ever…
Join us for a Live-Virtual offering of our Criminal Defense Investigations class with Hal Humphreys.
- Class starts promptly at 10 am CDT
- Orientation begins at 9:00 am CDT. Please make time to join early if you need extra assistance.
- You are required to join the virtual classroom no later than 9:30 am CDT in order for us to take attendance.
- Students will be responsible for attending and participating for both class dates in order to receive a certificate of completion.
- Computer Video and Audio are required in order to enroll in this course. Your computer must have a webcam or built-in video capabilities.
This course is taught in two days (3.5 hrs each day)
Tuesday, July 28, 2020
Wednesday, July 29, 2020
On both days class time is 10:00 AM – 1:30 PM CST | 11:00 AM – 2:30 PM EST
This course is for active, “boots on the ground” private investigators. It can help bring you into competency to start marketing and accepting criminal defense assignments. It will also help you understand, more fully, the process of criminal defense investigations.
In this seven-hour course, we go into detail about what constitutes a criminal investigation, who does these assignments, how to approach the work with the right attitude, and how to do all of this whilst being a professional.
Upon completion of this course, investigators should be able to:
- Know why this work is necessary and important
- Know how this work supports the Constitution of The United States
- Approach attorneys with assurance and confidence
- Develop a scope of work for a criminal defense investigation
- Identify different types of cases (appointed and private pay)
- Analyze discovery
- Organize discovery
- Identify witnesses
- Prep for and interview all witnesses
- Develop working theories and craft plausible narratives
- Report their work and their findings to attorneys in a clear and concise manner
- Registration must be complete no later than Monday, July 27, 2020
- *For an optimal learning environment and interaction there is a limited online classroom capacity of 25 people.
- Registration will close on July 27, 2020 or after the maximum 25 registrants (whichever comes first)