This training course is designed to provide an overview of identity theft and trends, as well as a look at investigation techniques in identity theft cases and crimes. Emphasis is placed on victim issues and providing resources for investigators to utilize in identity theft cases. Participants should be able to interpret, analyze, and respond to identity theft cases and crimes. In addition, this course will provide investigators with the tools required to immediately offer identity theft risk assessment, identity monitoring and restoration services to individual and business clients.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to do the following:.
- Identify the six types of identity theft
- Determine the source of identity exposure
- Increase income by offering additional services
- Assist clients with protecting their identity
- Assist clients with monitoring and restoring their identity
- Gain the ability to prepare an identity theft investigation action plan
- Gain the ability to conduct an identity theft investigation
The course includes downloadable intake worksheets, check lists, resources and sample letters.
An exam will be administered upon the conclusion of the program. If the candidate passes with a score of 70 percent or better a certificate of completion will be issued in accordance with acceptable standards.