This training course is designed to provide the investigator with a better understanding of elder abuse and how nursing home abuse investigations are conducted and the techniques used during those types of investigations.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to do the following:
- Identify the signs and symptoms of elder abuse
- Define the difference between neglect and abuse
- Discuss factors that contribute to elder abuse by caregivers.
- Describe factors contributing to institutional abuse of elders.
- Discuss resources for reporting elder abuse and obtaining assistance, and
- Gain the ability to prepare and identify a nursing home abuse investigation action plan
- Gain the knowledge to conduct a nursing home abuse investigation
An exam will be administered upon the conclusion of the program. If the candidate passes with a score of 70 percent or better a certificate of completion will be issued in accordance with acceptable standards.