This course involves a careful review of covert physical surveillance methodology. Emphases are on development of surveillance tradecraft, photographic tradecraft, vehicular vulnerabilities, foot vulnerabilities, tricks of the trade, surveillance focal points, discretion, surveillance reporting, terminology, surveillance types and responsibilities, critical situation decision making and judgments, ethical issues and personal behavior with other professionals, communications, importance of area knowledge, disguises, pre-planning, and client briefings.
This course will teach the basics of physical covert surveillance. Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
• Understand the appropriate use and need for surveillance.
• Demonstrate the ability to plan surveillance, formal and informal.
• Understand the need for precaution when conducting surveillance.
• Explain the different techniques for conducting surveillance.
• Explain the techniques and issues involved on a vehicular surveillance.
An exam will be administered upon the conclusion of the program. If the candidate passes with a score of 70 percent or better a certificate of completion will be issued in accordance with acceptable standards.