We offer a wide range of investigative training courses that you can take entirely over the internet. Our online courses are affordable, fun, fast, convenient, and geared just for you. Complete your continuing education courses at your own pace, anytime, from anywhere.
Continuing Education Rules & Regulations for North Carolina Private Investigators
The following are the North Carolina rules regarding private investigator continuing education as posted and mandated by the licensing authority:
Effective January 1, 2012 all NC PI licensees must complete 12 hours of continuing education prior to their license renewal. CEUs must be obtained during the two year period prior to license renewal and “extra CE hours” cannot be carried over. Only 6 hours may be obtained via online study.
To receive Continuing Education credit, a licensee must:
1. Attend a PPSB approved continuing education course.
2. Sign an attendance Roster upon arrival at the training class site. (Accomplished online through user registration)
3. Obtain a CE Certificate of Completion from the instructor upon completion of the class.
4. Attach the Certificate of Completion to the license renewal form and submit it to the PPSB office with license renewal paperwork. (Do not send certificates into the PPSB prior to license renewal.)
5. Every Licensee must also submit the “Licensee’s Statement of Continuing Education Hours.” The licensee fills out this form and signs it verifying they have meet and taken the required twelve (12) hours of continuing education hours to renew their licensee. (Do not send Licensee’s Statement of Continuing Education Hours into the PPSB prior to license renewal.)
COURSE CATALOG FOR NORTH CAROLINA PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS
All courses are approved by the North Carolina Private Protective Services Board.